Welcome to the Fall 2020 Semester
We’re excited to welcome back the Wolfpack for the new semester. Over the past several months, we’ve been taking steps to ensure that while we’re maintaining the health and safety of our guests and staff, that we continue to provide exceptional service and stay readily available to help students and families with the transition back to NC State.
Ways to Connect With Us
We encourage students and guests to call, email, or schedule a virtual appointment with us (more information below) if you have any questions regarding your student account, financial aid or class registration.
Call us during our business hours at 919-515-NCSU (6278) to speak to a Student Services Center representative.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is typically the easiest way to reach us, especially during peak periods. Please do not send any sensitive personal information such as credit cards numbers or social security numbers via email.
Document Drop Box
If you have any forms or documents that you need to provide to our office, you can deliver them to the secure Drop Box located outside of our main doors on the second floor of Harris Hall. See the attached map below. You can access the Drop Box during or outside of business hours. If you are not able to access the Drop Box, please contact our office for assistance.
Hours of Operation
We are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. Please note that we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls, and we appreciate your patience.
NEW Virtual Meetings!
We are excited to provide virtual meetings for students, families and guests who would like to speak one-on-one with a financial aid counselor, student accounts coordinator, or registration representative. At this time, students are able to self-schedule appointments with a financial aid counselor only. Please contact our office at 919-515-NCSU for assistance with scheduling an appointment for any other needs.
Why Have a Virtual Meeting:
- No lines or waiting
- Meet with us from the convenience of wherever you are
- Flexible scheduling (see more info below)
- Private and safe
How it Works:
- Can I schedule an appointment with a specific individual or staff member?
Our staff will set the appointment based on your needs and our representatives’ availability. If you need to or prefer to speak with a specific individual, please contact our office or the staff member directly to arrange an appointment.
- What service do you use to host virtual meetings?
We use Zoom for virtual meetings. You do not need to download the Zoom app. Zoom can be used from a web browser for virtual meetings with the Student Services Center. Current students can schedule appointments with a financial aid counselor through the Guide app or GPS.
- What is a Waiting Room?
The virtual Waiting Rooms are used when a staff member currently has a meeting in session but is available for a “drop-in” meeting after it concludes. Once the staff member is available, they will begin the virtual meeting as the host.
- Meeting times: Virtual meetings are 30 minutes long. Please call our office if you think you might need to schedule a longer meeting.
- Hours of availability: Hours of availability are Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; the last appointment available begins at 4:00 p.m. Different staff may have different hours of availability.
- Cancellations: Guest-initiated appointments may be canceled in the Guide App or GPS up to one hour in advance of your appointment. Please call our office to cancel if it is within one hour of your scheduled appointment time or if you did not schedule your appointment via Guide or GPS.
- How far in advance can you schedule? Meetings can be scheduled as early as 48 hours in advance Meetings are typically available on-demand during our normal business hours.
The Student Services Center doors will reopen on Friday, July 31 with limited capacity. While you will once again be able to visit us during our regular business hours, please understand that for your safety as well as the safety of our staff, we will be following university guidelines with our operations.
- Face Coverings Are Required: Face coverings are required in all NC State campus buildings and facilities, including the Student Services Center and Harris Hall. Visit the Protecting the Pack website for details about face covering requirements and other campus safety information.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in the Student Services Center lobby.
- Safer at home: Please stay home and contact us via an alternative method if you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), or are required to self-quarantine or isolate due to reasons outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Limited Guest Capacity: For your safety as well as the safety of our staff, we will have a limited maximum number of guests that we can accommodate inside the Student Services Center at one time for physical distancing. We will update this announcement with our capacity and post it outside of our building doors once we receive final guidance from the NC State Facilities office.
- Physical distancing standards will be maintained throughout the Student Services Center, with designated ‘entrance only’ and ‘exit only’ doors.
- Plexiglass barriers will be installed at our Student Services Center desk as an added measure between our guests and representatives.
Private On-Site Meeting Rooms:
The Student Services Center has private meeting rooms (“Huddle Rooms”) on-site that students and guests can use to meet virtually with representatives if needed. If you visit the Student Services Center and require individual assistance, and a representative is available, staff will assist with setting up a virtual appointment in one of our private Huddle Rooms. The availability of these rooms is very limited. If you know in advance that you will need a one-on-one meeting with one of our specialists, we recommend contacting our office to schedule a virtual meeting (see information above).
These Huddle Rooms have technology set up to connect to Zoom and screen-share, so that our teams can discuss your student account or walk you through your MyPack Portal in a quiet, private space, just like you usually would.
Hours of Operation:
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please note that because of the limited capacity that our office can currently accommodate, we encourage you to call or email us or schedule a virtual appointment.
Parking is not available outside of Harris Hall; if you are visiting the Student Services Center in-person, visitor parking is available in the Dan Allen Parking Deck. Visit the University Transportation website for more information.
The Student Services Center (SSC) is your one-stop shop for registration, billing and financial aid information. Visit our COVID-19 Information page for important updates about the Fall 2020 semester.
For more information about how NC State University is planning to reactivate campus in the coming months, visit the Protecting the Pack website.