FRIDAY, AUGUST 21: This afternoon, the university announced that the census date, or the official enrollment date, for the Fall 2020 semester will be moved from its original date of Friday, August 21 to Friday, August 28. This is due to the university’s announcement on Thursday, August 20 that all fall undergraduate classes will be moved to online-only instruction beginning on Monday, August 24.
We hope that this extension will allow students and their families more time to evaluate the best options for their enrollment for the remainder of the semester and adjust their schedules as necessary.
As a reminder, the census date has the following implications:
- Last day to add a course with permission of the instructor,
- Last day for undergraduate, Agricultural Institute, and Non-Degree Studies students to drop a course without a “W” grade,
- Last day for undergraduate and Agricultural Institute students to drop below full-time status,
- Last day to receive a refund for a reduction in credit hours, and
- Deadline to receive a 90% withdrawal refund.
Financial aid recipients should continue to be cognizant of any potential implications that adjustments to enrollment may have on your financial aid award. If you have any questions, please contact the Student Services Center to speak to a financial aid counselor.
The full academic calendar for the fall semester is available at go.ncsu.edu/academiccalendar. Additional updates about the fall semester and resources for students, faculty, and staff are provided on the Protect the Pack website.