Students who are ineligible to continue have the opportunity to submit an appeal to continue enrollment for a subsequent term by the posted deadlines.
Note: Students who are not currently enrolled in a Fall or Spring term and wish to return must apply for readmission.
Students must meet the following criteria to be considered eligible to continue:
- Pass at least 2/3 of all hours attempted each academic year (summer term – spring term)
- Graduate before attempting more than 150% of the hours required to complete their degree program
- Have an academic standing that allows for continued enrollment (see Academic Standing).
Students who do not meet one or all of the above criteria will be deemed ineligible to continue. Students who are ineligible to continue will be notified via email once term grades have been posted, and will have the option to appeal to continue enrollment.
Continuation Appeal Process
Students are encouraged to submit an appeal to continue their enrollment at NC State.
To submit a continuation appeal:
- Log into MyPack Portal
- Select your Student Homepage
- Select the Planning & Enrollment tile
- From the left-hand navigation, select ‘Continuation Appeal’
- Select the term for which you intend to continue enrollment
- Complete the appeal as directed*
*Appeal requirements will vary based on the individual student’s academic circumstances.
Important Appeal Dates
|Term||Appeal Available||Priority Deadline||Appeal Deadline||Decision Date|
|Spring 2018||September 12, 2017||December 20, 2017||January 4, 11:59 p.m.||January 5, 2018|
|Summer 1 2018*||September 12, 2017||N/A||May 14, 2018||May 15, 2018|
|Summer II 2018*||September 12, 2017||N/A||June 21, 2018||June 22, 2018|
|Fall 2018||February 5, 2018||N/A||August 14, 2018||August 16, 2018|
|These dates are subject to change. Decisions may be returned prior to the final Decision Date.
*Summer Appeals: Students may only submit one appeal for Summer. Students who appeal by the Summer I deadline may enroll in any Summer term.