Student Commencement Speaker Application
The application for the Fall 2018 student speaker is now available.Apply Now
Graduating seniors who are interested in auditioning to be the Fall 2018 Commencement Speaker must complete the Student Speaker Application above. The deadline to apply is October 17.
Applications, along with two letters of recommendation, must be submitted to email@example.com or:
Attn: Student Commencement Speaker Committee
1000 Harris Hall
Campus Box 7313
Raleigh, NC 27695
Letters of recommendation should be submitted by faculty/staff members who know you well, and should be submitted directly by the recommenders, not by the applicant.
Student Speaker Criteria and Guidelines
- The student speaker must be a graduating bachelor’s degree candidate and is eligible to speak only at the ceremony when receiving their initial degree.
- The student speaker should be representative of the graduating class.
- The topic and format will be left to the discretion of the student speaker.
- The speech must not be disrespectful or contain profanity of any kind.
- A five-minute (or less) audition of the commencement speech before the Commencement Advisory Committee is required of all applicants. (Five minutes is the maximum time allotted for the Student Graduation Speaker.)
Auditions for the Fall 2018 Student Commencement Speaker will be held on Tuesday, October 22, 2018. Details will be sent to applicants after all application materials have been received.
NOTE: No one other than the student speaker candidate and the members of the Commencement Advisory Committee may be present during the auditions.
Applicants will be notified of the decision of the Commencement Advisory Committee by letter.