Late Registration Guidelines
Students who register for the first time during the Late Registration period will not receive a billing statement prior to the payment due date. However, charges are posted to their student account as they register for each class, and their schedule is subject to cancellation if they:
- do not pay their account balance
- are not approved for financial aid
- do not submit a Sponsor Authorization by their registration due date
Students whose schedules are cancelled due to nonpayment must prepay, have approved and accepted financial aid and/or a confirmed Sponsorship before being cleared to re-register and will be charged a $35 Late Registration fee. Current student account information is available via MyPack Portal; see how to make a payment.
Review late registration guidelines for the following summer sessions:
- All Courses that begin May 15 through June 18 are considered Summer Session 1 courses and are subject to the payment, drop and withdrawal policies for Summer 1.
- Students who register on or after April 18, 2019 will be subject to a Late Registration fee of $35
- Register on or before April 29 – Payment is due by 4:00pm on April 30
- Register April 30 or May 1 – payment is due by noon on May 2
- Students registering on or after May 2 are required to pay in full prior to registration, have completed and approved financial aid, or documented Third Party Sponsorship.
- Courses that begin June 24 through July 26 are considered Summer Session 2 courses and are subject to the payment, drop and withdrawal policies for Summer 2.
- Students who register on or after May 28, 2019 will be subject to a Late Registration fee of $35.
- Register on or before June 5 – Payment is due by 4:00pm on June 6.
- Register June 6 through June 9 – Payment is due by noon on June 10.
- Students registering on or after June 10 are required to pay in full prior to registration, have completed and approved financial aid, or documented Third Party Sponsorship.
Making Your Payment
- Payments are not accepted in the Cashier’s Office at Harris Hall. Please pay online via the MyPack portal. Payment can be made with a no-fee draft from your checking or savings account. You may also use your Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express or Diners Club, however, there is a 2.75% fee for all credit and debit/check card transactions.
- Students whose aid award does not appear on the ‘What I Owe’ section on the Student Account tile in MyPack Portal should verify that they have accepted their aid and completed the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Loan Counseling no later than 11:00 a.m. on the due date to prevent cancellation. Students without approved aid information should check their aid status in the MyPack Portal. Pending aid or incomplete awards cannot be accepted; contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for assistance, (919) 515-2421.
- Any amounts not covered by financial aid must be paid by the due date.
- Financial aid cannot be used to pay prior term charges. All prior semester charges must be paid by the due date to prevent cancellation.
- Scholarships from non-campus sources must be reported and paid to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. Do not send scholarship payments to the Cashier’s Office.
- Undergraduate students are required to take 6 hours in Summer Session 1 to receive a financial aid payment during Summer Session 1. Undergraduate Students with financial aid who are registered for fewer than 6 credit hours for Summer Session 1 must pay their Summer 1 charges by the due date.
- Students who register for fewer than 6 hours in Session 1 and will have 6 or more hours total for both summer sessions will not receive their first session funds until after second session classes begin, and will be required to pay their Summer 1 charges by the due date.
If you have an authorized Third-Party Sponsor, your sponsor will need to submit a billing authorization no later than the due date.
- Graduate Student Support Plan does not pay summer charges.
- Employee reimbursement programs are not considered a sponsorship; students must pay their account by the due date.