Students should follow these steps to complete their direct deposit information:
MyPack Portal > Student Homepage > Student Accounts tile > View Direct Deposit > Enroll in Direct Deposit
- Log into the MyPack Portal with Unity ID and password.
- Select the Student Homepage.
- Select the ‘Student Accounts’ tile.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select the ‘Enroll in Direct Deposit’ link to add new direct deposit information. (Note: If you already have a bank account listed for direct deposit, it will appear on this page.)
- Enter all of the information for your bank account including routing and account numbers, account type, and account holder name.
- Select whether or not you are using an International ACH Bank.
- Be sure to acknowledge the agreement at the bottom of the page by using the toggle button.
- Click the “Submit” button once complete.
Once you enter your information into the MyPack Portal, a zero dollar transaction, called a prenote, will be created to test the validity of the account information you have entered. Depending upon your bank, this prenote transaction may be reflected on your bank statement. No direct deposits of financial aid can occur during the prenote process, which takes 10 days. Instead, any refunds processed during this time will be in the form of a check.
After the prenote period has passed, all processed refunds received by the Cashier’s Office will be directly deposited to your checking account. If the prenote fails, you will receive an email to the email address that you have listed in the MyPack Portal.
Direct Deposit Timeline
The Cashier’s Office sends out financial aid direct deposit transactions as soon as they are received, and the aid should be posted to a student’s checking account within two business days. Financial aid direct deposits are processed prior to the first day of class, which allows financial aid to be posted to the student’s checking account on the first day of class each semester/term. When funds are deposited, the Cashier’s Office provides notification on the Accounts Summary page of the MyPack Portal.
Because financial aid can only be disbursed to enrolled students, the University is not allowed to disburse aid prior to the first day of class.
Updating Direct Deposit Information
After you have filled in your direct deposit information, it remains in effect as long as you are in school.
- If you change your checking account, update your information by following the above instructions for setting up your direct deposit account.
- If you close your checking account, follow the above instructions to get to the Direct Deposit page, but instead of clicking ‘Enroll in Direct Deposit,’ select the green “Revoke Direct Deposit’ button.
- You will be prompted to confirm whether to revoke the selected direct deposit account.
- Funds will not post to a closed checking account, and there will be a disbursement delay while the Cashier’s Office waits for the rejected deposit to return from the bank.