Students should follow these steps to complete their direct deposit information:
- Log into the MyPACK Portal with Unity ID and password.
- Select the “My Student Account” link under Finances within the Student Center. (If you are not automatically directed to the Student Center, use the following navigation: Main Menu, Student Self Service, Student Center.)
- Select the “direct deposit” tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Select whether or not you are using an International ACH Bank.
- Scroll down and select the “Update Routing Number” link to add your Routing Number.
- Select the “Update Account Number” link to add your Account Number.
- Click the “Save” button once complete.
Once you enter your information into the MyPACK Portal, a zero dollar transaction, called a prenote, will be created to test the validity of the account information you have entered. Depending upon your bank, this prenote transaction may be reflected on your bank statement. No direct deposits of financial aid can occur during the prenote process, which takes 10 days. Instead, any refunds processed during this time will be in the form of a check.
After the prenote period has passed, all processed refunds received by the Cashier’s Office will be directly deposited to your checking account. If the prenote fails, you will receive an email to the email address that you have listed in the MyPACK Portal.
Direct Deposit Timeline
The Cashier’s Office sends out financial aid direct deposit transactions as soon as they are received, and the aid should be posted to a student’s checking account within two business days. Financial aid direct deposits are processed prior to the first day of class, which allows financial aid to be posted to the student’s checking account on the first day of class each semester/term. When funds are deposited, the Cashier’s Office provides notification on the Accounts Summary page of the MyPack Portal.
Because financial aid can only be disbursed to enrolled students, the University is not allowed to disburse aid prior to the first day of class.
Updating Direct Deposit Information
After you have filled in your direct deposit information, it remains in effect as long as you are in school.
- If you change your checking account, update your information by following the above instructions for setting up your direct deposit account.
- If you close your checking account, follow the above instructions to get to the Direct Deposit page, but instead of clicking “Update Account Number” and “Updating Routing Number,” click “Remove Existing Bank Info” and then click “Save.” Funds will not post to a closed checking account, and there will be a disbursement delay while the Cashier’s Office waits for the rejected deposit to return from the bank.