The most frequently cited situations that justify reconsideration include:
- loss of employment or change of employment status
- divorce/separation or death of a parent/spouse
- loss of untaxed income (i.e. child support)
- unusually high medical bills or disability-related expenses
- loss of one-time income
- unusual expenses not considered by the FAFSA (i.e. dependent care expenses, unusual transportation costs)
Contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to determine whether individual circumstances merit reconsideration.