Need to reserve a room for a student group?
Room Reservation Policies for Registered Student Organizations
PLEASE READ THE POLICIES BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING THE REQUEST FORM
- University classrooms may be scheduled for events occurring between the hours of 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the current semester only.
- During the first full week of classes, student group requests can only be confirmed 24 hours before the event.
- Rooms are not scheduled after the last day of classes, during finals weeks, university holidays, the Reading Days, during class breaks, or during breaks between semesters.
Summer 2019 Semester Blockout Dates:
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 27|
|Independence Day||Thursday, July 4|
|Final Exams/ Semester Break||Mon – Tues., July 29 – Aug. 20|
Fall 2019 Semester Blockout Dates:
|Labor Day||Monday, September 2|
|Fall Break||Thu.-Sun., October 10-13|
|Thanksgiving Break||Wed.-Sun., November 27 – December 1|
|Final Exams/ Semester Break||Fri. – Sun., December 6 – January 5|
Spring 2020 Semester Blockout Dates:
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||Monday, January 20|
|Spring Break||Mon. – Sun., March 9-15|
|Final Exams/ Semester Break||Fri – Tues, April 24-May 12|
- In order to reserve a room on campus, your student organization must be registered (each year) with Student Involvement in 4210 Talley Student Union.
- Requests are only accepted if submitted by a student officer listed on the Student Involvement Get Involved website.
- Buildings and rooms requested on the form are not guaranteed and you may be placed in a comparable room based on availability.
- In the event of a class need, you may be asked to relocate your event to a different space.
- Please submit your request at least 2 business days before your event. Student groups requesting last minute events should ALSO send an e-mail directly to the Events Scheduler at email@example.com with the date of your event in the subject line.
- If you need additional time for set-up and tear-down, please account for that time in the start and end times of your request. Your reservation start time is the earliest time you may enter the room, and the end time is when everyone involved with your meeting or event needs to be out of the room.
Room Use Policies
- Your group will be responsible for resetting furniture, cutting off all A/V equipment, and turning out overhead lights at the conclusion of the event.
- All chairs, desks, and equipment must remain in the room. If items are moved, please return them to their proper position. All classrooms come as-is. Your reservation only gives you access to equipment in your room, and you may not pull equipment from other rooms or common spaces.
- Any amplified sound, music, singing, etc. must not be disruptive to other events and classes nearby.
- Many buildings prohibit food. Please let the Event Scheduler know if there will be food at your event so that we can place you in the correct building.
- For those buildings that allow food, please clean up all trash and dispose of it in a dumpster outside the building.
- Do not prop open any exterior doors.
- Candles, lighters, incense, or any open flame are prohibited in all rooms.
- Use of campus facilities for solicitation, addresses, or public assemblies require written permission from Student Involvement in Talley Student Union AND must comply with university regulations.
- If serious complaints are filed because of misuse of rooms, Registration and Records may deny future requests for that organization.
Evening and Weekend Policies
- Many of the campus buildings are locked on the weekends and after 5 p.m. on the weekdays.
- Registration and Records will provide any relevant information concerning building access and arrange for an electronic unlock as necessary, or provide details about checking out a manual key. Registration and Records does not own or distribute keys to classrooms or buildings.
- Please contact the Event Scheduler with any questions about your building’s closing times and/or key contacts.
- ONLY IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY: If you cannot gain entry to the building, the procedure for contacting Campus Safety to unlock doors is as follows:
- Call Campus Safety at (919) 515-3000.
- The submitter of the request MUST have a copy of the confirmation e-mail with his/her name in the e-mail to present to Campus Police, along with photo ID verification.
- When the program is over, the request submitter must call and wait for Campus Police to arrive and lock the building.
How to Reserve a Room for Your Student Organization
To reserve a university classroom, students groups need to be registered each year with the Office of Student Involvement located in 4210 Talley Student Union.
To reserve space in an academic classroom, please fill out and submit the Room Reservation Request form.
Registration and Records only reserves university classrooms (designated as “110” spaces). The following room list provides our rooms and set-up features.
Useful tips for requesting a classroom reservation:
- Use your Unity ID and password to log into the Astra system.
- Use an @ncsu.edu address as a contact for your request.
- To access the form from an off-campus network, you can use the Virtual Private Networking Service (VPN) provided by the Office of Information Technology
- Reservations will be confirmed for the current semester only.
- During the first full week of classes, Student Group requests can only be confirmed 24 hours before the event.
Please see the chart below for a guide for when to submit requests for a specific term. Please note that events on weekdays must be scheduled later in order to facilitate course placement in academic spaces. ‘Submit Request/Processing Begins’ date does not mean to expect a confirmation that day. Initially, please allow up to five business days for a response. After the first week of processing, requestors should be notified within one to two business days.
Submit Request/Processing Begins
|Summer 2019||April 29, 2019|
|Fall 2019 (Weekend/Weekdays after 6:00pm)||August 12, 2019|
|Fall 2019 (Weekday before 6:00pm)||September 3, 2019|
|Spring 2020 (Weekend/Weekdays after 6:00pm)||December 9, 2019|
|Spring 2020 (Weekday before 6:00pm)||January 13, 2020|