Skip to main content

Student Employment

Federal Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study program provides undergraduate students the opportunity to work part-time through the University and gain valuable work experience. Earnings from Work-Study positions are paid directly to the student every two weeks rather than being applied to charges on the student account. Please contact your financial aid counselor if you have questions about your work-study financial aid or eligibility.

In order to qualify for work-study, students must have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Based on the results of the financial aid application, students who qualify will receive a financial aid offer that will include Federal Work-Study. If you did not receive work-study and would like to inquire about potential eligibility, please contact your financial aid counselor. You can view your Financial Aid information from your Student Homepage:

Work-Study Job postings are advertised through MyPack Portal. If you are interested in being hired for a work-study position, you should do the following: Log into MyPack Portal and browse the job postings at or from your Student Homepage:

Select any five to ten positions that interest you. Contact the hiring departments using the information shown in the job posting. It’s a good idea to attach a resume along with the email. The hiring department will schedule an interview if they are interested in meeting you. They will address job duties, expectations, and work schedules with you directly. If you don’t hear back from them, find another five or so positions and start the process over again. New positions are added weekly so review the list often.

Once hired, you may be asked to complete paperwork including an electronic Voucher to Hire Form and an I-9 Employment Form. As you plan your return to campus, please be sure to bring the original documents required for the I-9 form.

To electronically sign the required voucher, log into MyPack Portal and navigate to the Student Homepage. Click the checkbox on the voucher and save/submit.

Work is allowed during breaks within each term AND in between the fall and spring semesters. However, if you are  graduating in December or not enrolled in the fall & spring terms you cannot work in between semesters

If you qualify for Work-Study and a department would like to create a position for you, yes! The hiring department can contact our office if they have any questions or visit the employer page at

In order to receive earnings, you must use the WolfTime system to clock in/out each time you work. Your supervisor will approve your entries. This action generates your bi-weekly pay check.

Your supervisor can assist you in accessing WolfTime. In addition,

Earnings from Work-Study positions are paid directly to the student every two weeks rather than being applied to charges on the student account. You can view your total earnings on the Student Homepage under the Financial Aid section shown below:

You may only work one work-study position per term. You can, however, work another non-work-study position during the same time.

If you do not plan to participate in the Federal Work-Study program, please let your financial aid counselor know so we can cancel your Federal Work-Study offer.

Non Work-Study Part-time Employment Opportunities

As an alternative OR addition to work-study, you can also review non-work-study jobs on ePack through the Career Development Center.  The CDC also provides free help with career counseling, document critique, interview prep, clothing closet and more!

Federal Work-Study Employers

If you are an employer wanting to hire a work-study student, please visit our work-study employer website.