All students have the right to restrict their names from being listed in the official Commencement program and official press releases regarding graduation.
Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), you have the right to restrict all or part of your directory information, which includes your preferred name, and your preferred phone number. If you wish to restrict or release any or all of this information, you can do so by following these steps after logging into MyPack Portal:
- Select your Student Homepage
- Select the ‘Personal Information’ tile
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select ‘Privacy Restrictions’
- Select ‘Restrict’ under the directory field you would like to restrict access to, OR select ‘Clear’ if you wish to release the restriction for that field
- If you choose a Full Privacy Block, you can grant exceptions for Graduation publications by clicking the Full Privacy Block field, checking the ‘Restricted’ box, and selecting the Exceptions you would like to grant
- Be sure to click the green ‘Save’ button to save your changes
Selecting a ‘Full Privacy Block‘ will prevent your inclusion in graduation publications and press releases. Please check your MyPack Portal to ensure that your privacy settings accurately indicate your intention for inclusion in or exclusion from the graduation program and official press releases no later than February 11, 2019.
NOTE: If you select a Full Privacy Block, you will be given the option to release your information for Graduation, Dean’s List, and/or Enrollment Verifications. Choosing to release your information to any or all of these publications will not affect your information being displayed in or block from the directory.