The federal work-study program offers students the opportunity to work part-time to help cover college expenses. FWS is awarded to students who demonstrate financial need and meet certain eligibility requirements. Work-study wages are paid directly to the student as they are earned, not to the University Cashier’s Office; therefore, payment cannot be used as a means of deferring your bill to the University.
If you are awarded Federal Work-Study as part of your financial aid package, you may review job opportunities. Students can only participate in one WORK-STUDY position at a time. Students can, however, hold other NON-work-study jobs at the same time. Please contact your financial aid counselor if you have questions about work-study or your financial aid package.
Once hired, students must sign their Voucher to Hire Form:
MyPack Portal > Student Homepage > Financial Aid tile > Select Aid Year > Required Documents > Work Study Voucher
- Log into MyPack Portal
- Select your Student Homepage
- Select the Financial Aid tile
- Select the Aid Year (this can be changed at any time within the Financial Aid tile by clicking the ‘Change’ button at the top of the Financial Aid screens)
- Select the Required Documents item from the left-hand navigation menu
- Select the ‘Work Study Voucher’
Be sure to click the signature box on the voucher form to electronically sign.
Federal Work-Study Employers
If you are an employer wanting to hire a work-study student, please visit our employer page.