Academic Status will be calculated at the end of every fall, spring, and summer term for all enrolled undergraduate students.
A student in Good Standing has a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 2.0.
Academic Warning and Academic Probation
Students who meet either of the following criteria will be placed on Academic Warning and allowed to continue enrollment:
- a cumulative GPA less than 2.0 and a grade point deficit* of 15 or less
- a cumulative GPA above 2.0 and a term GPA below 1.0
Students on Academic Warning must maintain a term GPA of at least 2.0 for every fall, spring and summer term of enrollment, until they achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
Students will be placed on Academic Probation for one term after an appeal to return from Academic Suspension has been approved.
Students on Academic Probation who:
- earn a term GPA of at least 2.0 during their Probation term will move to Academic Warning and will be subject to the continuation criteria described above.
- fail to earn a term GPA of at least 2.0 during their Probation term will be suspended.
Students on Academic Warning or Academic Probation are required to meet with their advisor during the first four weeks of the fall or spring term to discuss their plan for academic success.
Students who meet either of the following criteria will be placed on Academic Suspension:
- A cumulative GPA less than 2.0 and a grade point deficit* greater than 15 at the end of any term
- Students on Academic Warning or Probation, who fail to maintain a term GPA of at least 2.0 for every subsequent fall, spring or summer term
Options for Suspended Students
All suspended students have the right to submit an appeal to continue enrollment. View more information on how to submit an appeal here.
Note: Students who remain on Academic Suspension will have all future term enrollments canceled and may not re-enroll.
How to Check Academic Status
If a student wishes to view their academic status, it will be displayed on their Advising Dashboard in MyPack Portal. To access the Advising Dashboard:
MyPack Portal > Student Homepage > Planning & Enrollment tile > Advising Dashboard
- Log into MyPack Portal using your Unity ID and password
- Select your ‘Student Homepage’
- Select the ‘Planning & Enrollment’ tile
- From the left-hand navigation, select ‘Advising Dashboard’
Students can view their academic status by clicking ‘View’ next to their academic standing (Good Standing, Academic Warning, or Academic Suspension) under the Academic Indicators section of the Advising Dashboard.