CODA: Change or Add a Major
The Change of Degree Application is NC State’s centralized resource for applying to add or change majors. This site contains all the information and tools you need to research majors, and to apply to change or add a new major.
- Discover the options for majors at NC State – Visit the Explore Majors and Minors page or search all majors by college or alphabetically.
- Determine how your current coursework translates to your desired major – Run a “What If” on your degree audit for your intended curriculum. If you are not familiar with your degree audit, please see the Degree Audit page.
- Meet with a professional academic advisor to discuss options for majors outside of your current college – Visit the Academic Advising Programs Services page and click on Change of Major Drop-In Advising.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To apply to change or add another major, a student must:
- Complete twelve (12) or more graded credit hours at NC State,
- AND Satisfy the specific transfer requirements for the intended major as listed below
College CODA Requirements
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Design
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Poole College of Management
- College of Natural Resources
- College of Sciences
- Wilson College of Textiles
Submit a CODA Application
Once you have examined the requirements for your intended program, you can access the application by clicking the button below.
Applications will be reviewed immediately following each application deadline. Students will be notified of their admission status via email within one month of the deadline.
CODA Application Deadlines
- CODA Applications will be continuously open (except for Engineering programs — see below). The application for the next cycle will appear the day after each deadline
- Applications will be reviewed following each deadline
- Students will receive decisions via their NC State email address within 1 month after the cycle deadline, as posted below
|Colleges||Cycle 1||Cycle 2||Cycle 3||Cycle 4|
|Ag & Life Sciences||September 15||February 1||May 15||July 1|
|September 15||February 1||May 15||July 1|
|Education||September 15||February 1||May 15||July 1|
|Engineering||See Below||See Below||See Below||See Below|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||September 15||February 1||May 15||July 1|
|Management||September 15||February 1||May 15||July 1|
|Natural Resources||September 15||February 1||May 15||July 1|
|Sciences||September 15||February 1||May 15||July 1|
|Textiles||September 15||February 1||May 15||July 1|
College of Engineering CODA Application Deadlines
- The CODA application for Engineering programs is not continuously open
|College of Engineering||Cycle 1||Cycle 2||Cycle 3||Cycle 4|
|Application Opens||July 2||September 16||February 2|
|Deadline||August 1||December 1||May 1|