Understand Your Bill
View a breakdown of the information on the front of your billing statement or review the explanations below for guidance in reading your statement.
- Previous Balance – the balance you owe from a previous statement.
- Payment and Refunds – payments, including financial aid payments less refunds, posted to your account during the current statement period.
- Charges and Debits – charges less credits posted to your account during the current statement period.
- Current Balance – the current balance on your account; equals the previous balance minus payments/refunds plus charges/credits.
- Total Est. Financial Aid – your total estimated financial aid award for the upcoming semester as of the billing statement date, according to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Est. Monthly Payment Plan – payment not received from TMS on billing date.
- Financial Aid Applied – the total estimated financial aid that will be applied against the current balance. Please note that financial aid proceeds may only be applied against certain student account charges.
- Pay This Amount – the current balance minus financial aid applied. Your schedule will not be cancelled for non-payment if you pay at least this amount.