Late Registration Guidelines
Students registering on or before November 15, 2016 will have a billing statement posted on their Student Accounts and charges are due on December 6, 2016. Payment of billed charges must be received by the due date or your schedule is subject to cancellation.
Students who register for the first time during the Late Registration period will not receive a billing statement prior to the payment due date. However, charges are posted to their student account as they register for each class, and their schedule is subject to cancellation if they:
- do not pay their account balance
- are not approved for financial aid
- are not enrolled in an authorized payment plan
- do not submit a Sponsor Authorization by their registration due date
Students whose schedules are cancelled due to nonpayment must prepay, have approved and accepted financial aid, enrolled in an authorized payment plan, and/or a confirmed Sponsorship before being cleared to re-register and will be charged a $100 Late Registration fee. Current student account information is available via MyPack Portal; see how to make a payment.
The schedule below will apply to all students registering during the Spring 2017 Late Registration period:
- Register November 15 through December 6 – payment is due by midnight on December 6, 2016
- Register December 7 through December 14 – payment is due by midnight on January 4, 2017
- Register on or after December 15 – pay in advance or have posted Financial Aid, an Authorized Third Party Sponsor, or current Monthly Payment Plan
You must pay your account balance, have posted financial aid, an approved sponsorship, or enrolled in an authorized payment plan by the due date associated with your registration period or your schedule is subject to cancellation. Students who have been cancelled for non-payment will be required to pre-pay all charges plus a $100 Late Registration Fee before being allowed to re-register.
Students whose aid award does not appear on the Account Summary page should contact their Financial Aid counselor. Aid appears on the student account under “Estimated Aid” only after it has been accepted in MyPack Portal. Any amounts not covered by the aid award must be paid directly to your Student Account by the due date. Financial Aid will not pay any prior term charges.
Do not mail Scholarship checks to the above address. These payments must be sent to:
Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
Campus Box 7302
Raleigh NC 27695-7302
Monthly Payment Plan
The Monthly Payment Plan option is available until January 10, 2017. The semester plan is available only for Spring 2017 charges, you may not include prior terms charges in your total. Prior term and past due charges must be paid directly to your Student Account by the due date.
Please note that at the time of enrollment you will be required to pay the enrollment fee and all monthly payments per the schedule below:
|Enroll:||# of Payments Due:||Next payment due:|
|November 1 – November 30||1||December 1|
|December 1 – December 31||2||January 1|
|January 1 – January 31||3||February 1|
The fourth and fifth payments will be due on February 1 and March 1, 2017.
- NOTE: Employee reimbursements are not considered a sponsorship. Payment is due by the deadline.
- Students with on campus sponsorships (ex: Graduate Support Plan, Department) must have their Advisor/Graduate Secretary complete the proper authorization before the billing due date.
- Departments sponsoring students on GSSP will notify the Cashier’s Office.
- GSSP pays tuition only so you will need to pay the fees and any other charges posted on your account before the billing due date.
- Departments paying student charges not included in GSSP must submit separate payment form.
If you have questions or concerns about GSSP or department payments, you must contact your department.
Newly Admitted, International, Degree Students
International students who have been recently been admitted to a degree program, are attending NC State for the first time this semester, and registering before December 16, 2016, are exempt from these deadlines. The due date for first semester international students is January 17, 2017.
The Office of International Services will notify the Cashier’s Office of the students eligible for this exception. New international students registering on or after December 16, 2016 will be required to pay in advance or provide proof of sponsorship.
Failure to pay your student bill will result in late fees and will prevent further registration. This exception applies only to the first semester you are attending. You will be required to make payment for all future semesters by that term’s posted due date.