The University’s preferred method of payment, ePay allows students to pay their bills online with an eCheck. Funds are electronically withdrawn from a student’s checking or savings accounts* with no fee, and payments are posted to the student’s account immediately.
Using ePay, students may also pay with a credit/debit card; however, a 2.75 percent transaction fee is charged on all credit card payments. Students should follow these steps to pay their bill online.
- Log into the MyPack Portal, using their Unity ID and password.
- Select the “Make a Payment” button under the Finances tab on the Student Center’s website. (If you are not automatically directed to the Student Center, use the following navigation: Main Menu, Student Service, Student Center)
- Click the “Make Payment” link.
- Enter the Payment Amount and select your Payment Method.
- Enter your payment information and select the “Continue” button.
- Review your payment information and select the “Confirm” button to complete your transaction.
- View and print your payment confirmation.
- Review your emailed confirmation confirming your payment.
*Some savings accounts do not allow this type of transaction. If you are unsure, please contact your bank.
Parent/Guardian ePay Access
Students should follow these steps to authorize the Cashier’s Office to discuss confidential account information with a parent or other guardian.
- Log into the MyPack Portal with your Unity ID and password.
- On the Student Center page, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and select the “Add/Update Parent Information” link. (If you are not automatically directed to the Student Center, you can use the following navigation: Main Menu, Student Self Services, Student Center)
- Select the “Add/Update Parent Information” link.
- On the “Relationships Update” page, enter as much information as you can about the person you are adding to your account. Click “Save” when complete.
- You will be taken to the “My Relationships Information” page. Click the “Grant Parent Access” that corresponds with the person you just added to your account.
- Read the “Informed Consent” page, including the “Read More” link if you have any questions concerning FERPA. Select the “I grant permission” check box. Select the “Continue” button.
- On the Parent/Guardian Access page, read the message about granting access. Note: If you previously created a phone inquiry access PIN, you can delete or will have to create a new one when you set up the online access. The guardian will be required to provide this code if they call to find out information about your student account. Select the “Submit” button once complete.Students have the option to grant access to the following:
- Student Accounts / Billing / Payment – Grants access to view and print current and past bills, view current changes and the ability to pay online.
- Tax Information – Grants access to view and print the 1098T information. You must grant Student Account access in order to allow access to tax information.
- Academic Information – Grants access to view Class Schedules, Grades, Transcript and Transfer Credit information.
- Directory Information – Grants access to view student directory information, such as local address and phone number. Even if a FERPA block has been set up and your information is not being shown in the ‘FIND PEOPLE’ directory, selecting this option will allow this parent/guardian to view this information.
- Financial Aid – Grants access to view Financial Aid information. This includes information about awards, loans, scholarships, fellowships and work study jobs that you have received or have been offered. If you have applied for Financial Aid, it includes information about the status of your application.
- Review the information and click the “Save” button.
- You will receive a confirmation message indicating the parent information has been saved.
- Account status will say “Confirmed” once parent has reviewed and set up a password.
ePay Troubleshooting Tips
If you are experiencing difficulties paying your bill through ePay, follow these steps to troubleshoot, or call the Student Accounts Office for assistance.
- ePay is designed to work with Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher (with 128-bit encryption). If you are using an older browser, you may need to upgrade in order to utilize ePay. You can upgrade your browser by clicking Internet Explorer 11.0. Then follow the instructions to download Internet Explorer 11.0.
- If you are using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection, you must disable this connecting before logging into ePay.
- If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is AOL, you may need to open an additional browser session for ePay (this is because AOL’s modified browser may not work correctly with some secure sites such as ePay). To do this, access the Internet as you normally would. Once you are connected, double-click the Internet Explorer icon to open it. Use this newly opened browser to access the ePay website.
- Your user ID is your Unity ID. Be sure that you are using only your Unity ID and not your entire email address. This means that you should not include “@ncsu.edu” in the user ID box.
- For additional assistance email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- operating system
- browser version
- internet service provider
- the exact error message you are receiving
If you use an on-line bank bill payment service, please note that a check is generated and mailed directly by your bank – THIS IS NOT AN INSTANT TRANSFER OF FUNDS.
The remittance advice will not be included with the check and will necessitate manual processing, which will delay application of your payment. Please be sure that the student ID number is printed on the face of the check to prevent additional delays.
These payments should be addressed to NC State University, PO Box 900013, Raleigh, NC 27675-9013.
With a 529 College Savings Plan, the parent/student accesses funds and sends a check to the University. Parents and/or students must contact their 529 plan administrator directly and follow their procedures to process a withdrawal. All 529 plans have different forms and request different documents. Every state (including Washington, DC) offers a state section 529 plan. Please visit your 529 plan’s website to see what information is required to support a withdrawal request.
If your plan requires a copy of your eBILL as proof of qualified direct educational expenses, you may print your statement from the MyPack portal.
- Contact your 529 provider(s) at least ten business days prior to the tuition due date to ensure the University receives payment by the deadline.
- Decide where to send the tuition check. We recommend that 529 checks be sent directly to the University. Checks should be made payable to North Carolina State University and reference the student’s full name and nine (9) digit Student ID. Mail your check to:
NC State University
PO Box 900013
Raleigh, NC 27675-9013
Note: If you chose to have a 529 check sent to you, once the check clears your account, you would remit payment through one of our other available payment options.
- View more details about 529 College Savings Plans at the Saving For College website.
- Find additional information about the tax benefits of a 529 plan at www.irs.gov.
Have questions about your NC 529? Please contact the College Foundation of North Carolina at CFNC.org or their toll-free number at 1.800.600.3453.
Any arrangement between an employee and an employer for tuition reimbursement is between those two parties. The University does not extend payment deadlines based on such arrangements. Tuition and fees are due at the beginning of each semester.
Further questions and concerns by emailing email@example.com.
Payments sent to the University must be payable in U.S. Dollars by means of a:
- check drawn on a U.S. bank
- U.S. Postal Order
- cashier’s check drawn on a U.S. bank
Mail your check to:
NC State University
PO Box 900013
Raleigh, NC 27675-9013
This is the address of our payment processor – SunTrust Bank. SunTrust Bank will record and electronically transmit payments to student accounts on a daily basis. Do not use this address for express mailings.
Mail scholarship checks to:
Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
Campus Box 7302
Raleigh NC 27695-7302
If you are shipping by UPS, FedEx or DHL, mail your package to:
University Cashier’s Office
2831 Thurman Drive
2005 Harris Hall
Raleigh, NC 27695
Include your nine-digit Student ID (not your Social Security number) on your check or include the payment/remittance stub from the PDF copy of your billing statement.
Payment from Foreign Sources
Checks issued by foreign banks are not acceptable (even though they may be “payable in US funds”) since a foreign bank check does not have an American Banking Association (ABA) routing number or standardized account number structure and cannot be cleared through the Federal Reserve Bank System. Each non-U.S. check would have to be manually processed by our depository bank, and would be subject to a processing fee and a delay of several weeks to clear. The most efficient and cost-effective way to send payments from foreign sources is by credit card or wire transfer.
NC State University has partnered with Flywire to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make international tuition payments. Flywire’s mission is to save international students and their families money that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates. With Flywire, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks.
Flywire offers different payment options depending on which country you are paying from. If the credit/debit card option is available for your payment, Visa or MasterCard will be automatically displayed as payments options when you make a payment request on their website.
Go to https://www.flywire.com/school/ncsu to begin the payment process.
- To get started, select the country from which funds will be coming and the payment amount in US dollars you wish to make to your student bill.
- In most cases, the US dollar amount will be converted into your home currency at preferential exchange rates, which will translate into savings for you.
- Select your payment method (MasterCard or Visa).
- Enter the card number, security code, expiration date and card holder name to complete the payment.
- You will receive an email to confirm receipt of payment.
- Flywire will then forward the US dollar amount to NC State University where it will be directly credited to your student billing account. Please allow 2 to 3 business days for your payment to be delivered to NC State University. You will receive a payment delivery confirmation when that happens.
- At any time, you will have a dedicated customer service team reachable via chat, Skype, email and phone to answer any of your questions.
NC State University has partnered with Flywire to offer students an innovative and streamlined way to make international tuition payments. Through Flywire, students can pay with their home currency (in most cases), and payments are posted more quickly. Students are notified via email when payment is received.
To begin payment process, go to ncsu.flywire.com and follow these steps:
- Select the country from which funds will be coming and the payment amount (in U.S. dollars) you wish to make to your student bill.
- In most cases, the U.S. dollar amount will be converted into your home currency at preferential exchange rates.
- After providing some additional basic information, you will book the transaction and will be instructed via email on how to pay Flywire from your home country bank account.
- Flywire will then forward the U.S. dollar amount to NC State University where it will be directly credited to your student billing account.
- You will receive an email to confirm receipt of payment.
- At any time, a customer service team is available via chat, Skype, email and phone to answer any of your questions.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Due to delays that might occur in the processing of Veterans Education student benefit payments, NC State offers veterans, and other eligible students a Payment Deferment Plan.
Payment Deferred – 4 Month Plan
Designed to coincide with the VA release of Post-9/11 Tuition and Fee payments and student Monthly Education Benefit stipends, view the schedule below:
|Fall Payment Schedule||Spring Payment Schedule|
|September 15||February 15|
|October 15||March 15|
|November 15||April 15|
|December 15||May 15|
The cost of this plan is $24 per semester or $33 for an Annual 2-term plan.
This plan does not include the Tuition Protection Life Insurance provide by the standard TMS plan.
NOTE: The above plan is not available for Summer Sessions. Payment, or approved financial aid, will be required by the billing due date for all Summer Sessions.
Instructions to Enroll in the Deferment Plan:
- After Veterans Education Benefit students complete their course enrollment and NC State online VA “Certification Request,” the Cashier’s Office will be notified of their VA benefits status.
- If you are VA Benefits-Eligible, you can gain access to the Payment Deferment Plan by contacting the University’s Cashier’s Office at (email@example.com). The Payment Deferment link is not available on the standard Tuition Management System (TMS) website.
- TMS will notify the Cashier’s Office when a student has applied for the plan and their proposed budget. The Cashier’s Office will verify budgeted amounts and provide approval to TMS.
Instructions on Budgeting with the Plan:
- Total all Student Account Charges tuition & fees, health insurance, housing, meals and other fees.
- Subtract any grants, scholarships, loans, deposits, Post-9/11 VA Education Benefits (Chapter 33) and other military funding.
NOTE: Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) students or transfer of entitlements only need to budget for the remaining balance not covered by their direct pay tuition and fees benefit. This includes incremental Non-Resident tuition/fee costs, students not eligible for the full benefit (100% eligibility tier, payment is prorated based on your eligibility percentage) and any on-campus housing and dining.
Terms of Deferral Payment Plan:
- Students must have the plan in place by the Billing Due Date, with the correct budget and the enrollment fee paid, or be subject to plan cancellation.
- Prior term charges may not be included in the Payment Plan. These must be paid directly to the Student Account via MyPack Portal.
- Students who make payments consistent with the Agreement will not be subject to interest charges and can be cleared to register for the upcoming term(s).
- Current term plans and any items not previously included in their budget must be paid in full by the final plan due date or the schedule for the upcoming term is subject to cancellation.
- Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions of the agreement may prevent usage of a TMS plan in future semesters.