Skip to main content


Any Undergraduate and Agricultural Institute student who fails to enroll for any Fall or Spring Semester will need to apply for readmission to continue their degree program.

Readmission Requirements

Readmission Eligibility Requirements

You are eligible to apply for readmission if you fall into one of the following categories:

  • Former Undergraduate and Agricultural Institute students eligible to return to NC State University (who have earned credit)
  • Suspended Undergraduate Students (additional action required)
  • Former Undergraduates who obtained a degree and wishes to seek an additional undergraduate degree

Readmission Application Fee

  • All students applying for readmission to NC State must pay a non-refundable, $60 Readmission Application Fee.
  • Payment may be submitted through the online application, at the Department of Registration and Records or by mailing a check to Registration and Records (please include your application number).
    • Please make check or money order payable to NC State University and mail to:
      Attn: Readmission Coordinator
      Registration and Records
      1000 Harris Hall
      Campus Box 7313
      Raleigh, NC 27695

Applications are considered incomplete until the fee is paid

Readmission Holds

Please be sure that all past-due accounts and holds are taken care of before attempting the readmission application. We cannot process your application or readmit you with an outstanding hold.

International Applicants

International Applicants: Only after you have been readmitted and any required appeals have been approved can you request a new visa document to return to NC State. Once you are eligible to enroll, please submit this I-20 request and supporting documentation to the Office of International Services.

When completing the application please do not provide your email if your account has been discontinued, as the e-mail address provided is where you will be notified of your readmission status.

If you are having problems accessing the application, please clear your browser cache.

Residency Determination

All students applying for undergraduate readmission and requesting in-state tuition are required to complete the North Carolina Residency Determination Service (RDS) prior to completing the Readmission application.

You will need your Residency Certification Number (RCN) in order to complete your Readmission application.

Important Application Dates

TermApplication AvailableReadmission Application Deadline
Summer I 2024September 11, 2023May 10, 2024
Summer II 2024September 11, 2023June 20, 2024
Fall 2024January 29, 2024July 26, 2024
Spring 2025September 9, 2024December 6, 2024
Note: These dates are subject to change based on the academic calendar.

Refer to the Enrollment Calendar to see when registration begins.

The Readmission Application is now open

Apply Today!

Readmission Eligibility

Former Undergraduate and Agricultural Institute Students

Students who have not enrolled in a Fall or Spring Semester and wish to return to their studies may apply for readmission.

Students applying for readmission must be eligible to return to NC State and any institution attended during their break in enrollment. Applications and fees should be submitted prior to the deadline indicated above.

Students who desire a change of curriculum can apply through the Change of Degree Application (CODA) upon readmission, except for Leadership in the Public Sector. The Leadership in the Public Sector (LPS) major, housed within the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, is an online degree completion program for students who have been away from NC State University for more than three years. It is not available for transfer via CODA. If you are interested in this program, please review the LPS Program website ( and contact the program advisor or director before readmitting into your previous major.

Suspended Students

For details on suspension and readmission, view the full regulation on Continuation of Undergraduate Enrollment (REG 02.05.01)

Academic Suspension Appeals Enrollment

Students on Academic Suspension may appeal to the Admissions Committee for readmission. Students will be directed to the appeal upon completing the readmission application above. Appeals will not be reviewed unless all documents are included. Please submit prior to the deadline indicated above.

Contractual Readmission

Academically Suspended students who have had a break in enrollment for at least 3 years may appeal for Contractual Readmission. Students who are contractually readmitted will be placed on Academic Warning and must maintain a 2.0 GPA on all coursework attempted after readmission. Failure to do so will result in permanent dismissal from the university.

Students are encouraged to begin the Contractual Readmission process early. Colleges may have additional requirements or deadlines; students should consult with their college and/or academic advisor before starting the contractual readmission application.

Contractual Readmission Application Form

For students applying for contractual readmission to the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, please visit the college’s website for additional information.

Former Undergraduates Seeking an Additional Degree

Students who have completed their undergraduate degrees and wish to return to pursue an additional degree must complete the application for readmission and complete the Readmission to Additional Degree form. The Readmission Application cannot be processed until the Plan Change Form has been completed and submitted to the Department of Registration and Records.

Non-Degree Studies

Students admitted into a non-degree-seeking program should visit the Non-Degree Studies site for more information.

Graduate Students

If you are a returning Graduate Student, please DO NOT submit an application for readmission. Please refer to the Graduate School and the Graduate Handbook for more information.

If you have further questions about readmission to NC State, please view the readmission rule on the Policies, Regulations and Rules site.

Readmission Contacts

General Contact for Readmission

For more information or questions about readmission, please contact the Readmission Coordinator at

College Contacts for Readmission

Agricultural InstituteKayla
College of Agriculture and Life SciencesTricia
College of DesignJenny
College of EducationAmanda
College of EngineeringMaryClare
College of Humanities and Social SciencesCarol Ann
College of Natural ResourcesKaly
College of SciencesBetsy
University CollegeTony
Poole College of ManagementToyette
Wilson College of TextilesHannah