Skip to main content

Replacement Diplomas

If you have lost or misplaced your diploma, or need an additional diploma, you can order a replacement diploma for $40 plus shipping and handling fees.

Shipping and Handling Cost for Replacement Diplomas

Shipping MethodShipping & Handling CostTotal Replacement Diploma Cost
Standard Domestic Shipping (shipped within 10 to 15 business days of ordering)$8.95$48.95
Expedited Domestic Shipping (shipped within 5 business days of ordering)$19.95$59.95
Standard International Shipping (allow six to eight weeks for delivery)$29.95$69.95
Expedited International Shipping (shipped express within 5 business days of ordering)$159.95$199.95

Replacement Diploma Important Reminders

No, the replacement diploma will have the signatures that are currently printed as of the date of your order.

No, the student must order the replacement diploma as the release of the diploma requires student permission under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Yes, but that name will need to be provided on the request. Please review the Diploma Name page for additional information regarding the potential effects of this change.

Notary and Apostille Instructions for Replacement Diplomas

Note: If you do not have an original diploma, you must first order a replacement diploma (see details above)

  1. Return your original diploma to:
    Department of Registration and Records
    North Carolina State University
    Campus Box 7313
    Raleigh, NC 27695-7313
  2. If the authenticated diploma is being used outside of the United States, please follow steps 3-6.
  3. Send a check or money order for $10.00 to the address above, made payable to the NC Secretary of State (their fee per document for an apostille or authentication)
  4. Provide a self-addressed stamped envelope, large enough to fit your 11 x 14 diploma
  5. Provide a pre-paid label to return your documents, which can be purchased via
  6. Provide the name of the country for which the documents are being authenticated

Ready to Order a Replacement Diploma?