A transcript is a complete copy of the student’s academic record at the time that it is issued. It contains all course work, including undergraduate, graduate and/or non-degree, taken while enrolled at NC State University.
- NC State only issues official transcripts at the authorization or written request of the student concerned.
- NC State will NOT issue a partial transcript; the university automatically sends all coursework when a transcript is requested.
Order a Transcript Online
Both current and alumni/former students are eligible to order a transcript online.
- The charge for an official transcript is $12.00. An additional fee of $3.50 is added to all e-transcript orders.
- Official transcripts are not issued for people indebted to the university until such indebtedness is paid or satisfactorily adjusted.
- Transcript requests are normally processed within 24–48 hours. However, a longer period of time may be required for end-of-semester processing.
Many recipients now accept “paperless” official transcripts. Before placing your online order, ask the recipient whether an electronic transcript is acceptable and, if so, the email address you should use for delivery. Once you have placed your online order, the recipient is notified by email that they can retrieve a certified PDF from our transcript ordering service.
Note: This option is not available for those who attended the university prior to Summer 1979.
Paper transcripts can be ordered online and picked up at the Student Services Center in Harris Hall during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. Please note that you will need to bring a photo ID.
Note: Paper transcripts that need to be notarized must be ordered for pick-up. After ordering, please send an email to email@example.com to notify the notary public.
Paper transcripts are mailed using standard delivery through the U.S. Postal Service. You may opt for express shipping when ordering online at an additional cost of $39 for domestic destinations.
Note: Transcripts mailed to international addresses must be sent express, $59 international Canada/Mexico and $75 for other international destinations.
For transcript questions, contact the Student Services Center at (919) 515-NCSU (6278) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Transcript Design
Paper transcripts printed after August 11, 2016 have a new look that aligns the transcript with the appearance of our e-transcript. The new design allows for easier scanning by recipients, but still maintains several safety features to ensure the integrity of the document. The transcript is printed on “wolf” gray paper with visible red and blue colored fibers in the actual paper stock. A chain link fence watermark embedded in the paper fibers will be visible by holding it up to the light and the ink and paper have features that expose counterfeiting efforts.