Here you will find all graduation information including the graduation weekend schedule, how to apply for graduation, how to order and purchase all of your graduation necessities, and more.
Any specific questions in regards to the graduation ceremony should be directed to your individual department or college. General graduation questions should be directed to the Student Services Center at 919-515-6278. Please view our Frequently Asked Questions page before contacting your department or the Student Services Center.
*Graduation information will be made available throughout each semester.
The complete schedule of May 2017 ceremonies is available!View now
- Student Speaker Application – graduating seniors interested in auditioning to be the student speaker must complete the Student Speaker Application. The application to be the May 2017 Student Speaker will open in February.
- Graduation Application– The deadline for students to apply for graduation is February 13. After this date, graduation applications must be done by an administrator.
- Privacy Information Adjustments – Names of graduating students will not be published in the graduation program or in any official press release if the student has a privacy setting preventing such release. Students graduating in May 2017 must ensure that their “privacy settings” in the MyPack Portal indicate their intention for inclusion in or exclusion from these publications no later than March 27. Learn more about updating your privacy settings
Senior Class Gift
Join an NC State tradition and make your senior class gift before graduation. With a minimum gift of $20.17, you will have your name added to the Senior Donors listing in the graduation program.Support the program you are most passionate about
- Apply for graduation – Navigate the graduation application process. If you have a minor, speak with your minor advisor to ensure all paperwork is in order.
- Get your cap and gown – Visit the NC State Bookstore’s new location Wolfpack Outfitters in Talley Student Union for your graduation apparel, announcements and diploma frames.
- Plan your schedule – Check the main schedule for the date and time for both your University Commencement ceremony and your departmental graduation ceremony. Times and locations of departmental ceremonies will be announced at a later date; check back for updates.
- Plan lodging for out-of-town visitors – View options for on- and off-campus accommodations for Graduation.
- Check your data – Has your name changed recently or is it listed in the system the way it should appear on your diploma? Use the Name Change Form to update your name. Check your address in MyPack Portal to ensure that your diploma will be mailed to the correct location.
- Where and when to arrive at the PNC Arena – View the day-of procedures for what time and where to arrive at the PNC Arena. Information regarding seating for your guests is also on this page.
- Complete your exit surveys – All graduating seniors are asked to complete both the Graduating Senior Survey and the Future Plans Survey. Find more information about and access to the surveys here.