Each college at NC State offers scholarship opportunities to students enrolled in its academic programs. To apply for scholarships with the colleges listed below, visit go.ncsu.edu/packassist. The application opens December 1. New students can apply once admitted to the university.
- Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Exploratory Studies
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
- Natural Resources
For the following college, consult the college website for specific criteria, application materials and important deadlines.
Eligibility for employer affiliated scholarships requires the applicant’s parent(s) to have a particular employment affiliation. Frequently the FAFSA is also required. Students are considered for employer affiliated scholarships based on their Pack ASSIST application responses. Participating employer affiliated scholarships include:
- Balfour Beatty Construction Scholarship
- Carrier/Bryant Dependent Scholarship
- City of Raleigh Dependent Scholarship
- Cross & Chalice J. Smith Capel Scholarship
- Finance & Administration Scholarship
- George and Reba Worsley Scholarship
- NC State Employee Dependent’s Tuition Scholarship
- News & Observer Scholarship
- Smithfield Foundation Scholarship
- Southeastern Gas Association Dependent Scholarship
- Student Action for Farmworkers Scholarship
- Tom Glover Memorial Scholarship
NC State offers a limited number of competitive scholarships for entering freshmen in an effort to recognize and encourage academic ability and talent. To be considered, students must apply for admission by October 15 and indicate ‘early admission’ on the application.
- Park Scholarship Program – Prestigious, competitive academic scholarship program for students who demonstrated exceptional academic ability, potential in leadership and service, and exemplary character.
- General Hugh Shelton Leadership Initiative Scholarship – Competitive academic scholarship program to promote the mission of the Shelton initiative, “to inspire, educate and develop value-based leaders committed to personal integrity, professional ethics and selfless service.”
- Chancellor’s Leadership Scholarship – Program for students who demonstrated leadership potential, academic achievement, personal talents, unique work or service experience, and financial need. Applicants should demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of diversity.
- Goodnight Scholars Program – The Goodnight Scholars Program is a unique scholarship for outstanding students in the STEM and education disciplines. It is available to middle-income North Carolina families and is valued at $19,500 per year. A comprehensive professional development program allows students to grow into tomorrow’s leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Caldwell Fellows – The Caldwell Fellows program invests in students selected during their first year at NC State who share a passion to learn, grow and serve others. The Caldwell program provides extensive programming and leadership training, as well as fosters collaborative interaction with alumni, faculty and community partners.
- Qualified graduate students pursuing master’s or doctoral degrees may apply for fellowships, assistantships and other awards offered through individual colleges and the Graduate School.
- Prospective and current students wishing to be considered for fellowship and grant opportunities should contact Dr. David Shafer, assistant dean of the Graduate School. Please note that some fellowship programs require students to submit GRE scores to be considered for awards.
- Gatling Grant – The Gatling Grant was established by alumnus John Gatling to fund educational opportunities for students who are born with the last name Gatlin or Gatling.
- NC VA Scholarship – Students receiving a NC VA Scholarship should submit a copy of the NC VA award letter to the university’s Cashier’s Office and submit the NC VA Scholarship Notification Form to the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid.
- Federal VA Benefits – Students receiving VA benefits should refer to the university’s Cashier’s Office and Veteran’s Education for instructions.
- ROTC – Students participating in ROTC should ask their ROTC campus contact to submit the award information to the university’s Cashier’s Office.