Tax Information

Electronic 1098-T Form

Students enrolled in courses for academic credit during any academic period throughout the year may access their Form 1098-T by the following January 31, if required by IRS regulations.

If you are claiming educational tax benefits, the 1098-T shows qualified tuition and fees billed during the calendar year, as well as scholarships or grant aid applied to an account during the year.

Follow these steps to download an electronic 1098-T:

  1. From the Student Center, select the “My Student Account” link under Finances. (If you are not automatically directed to the Student Center, you can use the following navigation: Main Menu, Student Self Service, Student Center).
  2. Select the “1098-T tax form” tab.
  3. Choose “Electronic Copy.” You will receive an email notification from as soon as the new statement is available online.
  4. Access your 1098-T via MyPack Portal and print a copy of the form for tax purposes.

View PDF instructions for viewing your 1098T.

Parent/Guardian Access to 1098-T

Parents and guardians can access a student’s 1098-T by following the instructions on this downloadable PDF.

Section 25A

Under Section 25A of the IRS Code, a taxpayer may claim an education tax credit only for qualified tuition and related expenses actually paid during the calendar year. The taxpayer may not be able to claim an education tax credit with respect to the entire amount of qualified tuition and related expenses reported for the calendar year; the amount of any scholarship or grant aid reported for the calendar year and other similar amounts not reported (because they are not administered and processed by the institution) may reduce the amount of any allowable education tax credit for the taxable year. Also, the amount of any reduction in charges for qualified tuition and fees or any reductions in scholarships or grant aid reported for a prior calendar year may affect the amount of any education tax credit allowable for the prior calendar year.

Information on Educational Credits and Deductions

Lifelong Learning Credit:

Work-related Educational Expense for Education:

Tax Advice

The Cashier’s Office cannot offer tax advice. However the Poole College accounting students are offering Free Income Tax Return Prep Service for students, University Employees and members of the community.