Accounting, Business Administration, Economics
Requirements to transfer (as a current NC State) student to one of the programs in the Poole College of Management are listed below. This includes students who wish to change their major, as well as those who want to add a Management major.
Minimum to apply and be considered:
Students must meet the listed Minimum Requirements in order to submit an online CODA application to transfer (see Application link to the left). These requirements must be complete at the time the application is submitted. Courses in progress at the time of the application deadline will not be considered.
- Completion of 21 or more NC State graded credit hours
- Cumulative NC State GPA must be 2.5 or better
- Completion of ENG 101 (or equivalent AP or Transfer credit) with grade of C- or better
- Completion of Calculus – MA 121/131/141 (or equivalent AP or Transfer credit) with C- or better
Preference will be given to students who meet the following:
Candidates who meet the Preferred Qualifications outlined below have a higher probability of being approved for transfer. All admission is competitive and based on academic record and space availability in the College. Meeting the preferred qualifications does not guarantee admission.
- Cumulative NC State GPA of 3.0 or better AND an overall cumulative 3.0 GPA for ALL Poole courses attempted (includes those in the list and any additional).
- Completion of 6 hours of Poole courses with a cumulative 3.0 GPA on these courses. These courses must be taken at NC State and must be selected from the following list: (ACC 200, ACC 210, EC 201, EC 202, EC 205). In addition, an overall cumulative 3.0 GPA is “preferred” for ALL Poole courses attempted (includes those in the list and any additional).
Note: Students should apply for only one Poole College of Management major, as decisions are made college-wide rather than by department. Applying for multiple majors within Poole does not increase a student’s chance of admission.
If you have questions about transferring to programs in the Poole College of Management, email the Poole College Office of Undergraduate Programs at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office of Undergraduate Programs at: (919) 515-5565.